Wednesday 17 September 2014

What's that I can hear?

AR Walk 4: Halton Lane Parking to Wharf Road - 17 September 2014

Today's walk was the last of my walks along the Wendover Arm of the canal... 6 miles in total. I feel that I've started easy with nice pathways and no climbs! It's been a lovely start to my mission and I've enjoyed the peace and quiet of canal walking, interspersed with 'meetings' with dog walkers, runners and other walkers.
There is something quite disconcerting about walking alone and hearing gunshots. If I had sound on this blog you'd be hearing round after round of gunshots whilst looking at this photo. It really struck me how terrifying it must be for those living with that sound daily, but in situations where the shots are for real and not for practice.


The end of the walk provided some other, more pleasant, sounds. I love the noise of children playing and it was playtime at the local school when I took this picture. The ducks and swans were obviously so used the the screams and laughter coming from the other side of the canal and they didn't flinch at all!

From a geocaching perspective today was somewhat of a wipeout. My geocaching app wasn't working on my new phone; not sure if the issue is the app or the phone, but I couldn't get the information I needed to even look for anything. I will have to return to this stretch of the Aylesbury Ring another time to pick up the 7 caches along here.

Pip enjoyed the walk and spent the whole time fast asleep in his sling. However, this didn't end well for me as I seem to hav pulled an inner muscle in my chest whilst putting Pip on my bag last week and continued 'babywearing' is aggravating the muscle, so no more carrying for a week or so whilst I recover. I'm not sure how pushchair friendly the next section of the Aylesbury Ring is though...




Wild roses

Walk 4
Date: Wednesday 17 September 2014
From: Halton Lane
To: Wharf Road
Distance: 2.3m, 3.7km
Height Gain:
Route Description: Grand Union Canal Wendover Arm (disused) tow path
Duration: 1h30
Ave Speed:
Weather: Sunny, 20oC
Region: Buckinghamshire
Walking With: Pip
Path: Aylesbury Ring
Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zbgVN-iW56BQ.kaNBoT9lLlXY

No comments:

Post a Comment